Its Good to be Evil!
“Kileana is to the Universe as Underkiln is to the Underdark” – from the lessons in undercommon.
The Drow Cities:
- Valsharess’ Zenphe (Queen’s Chamber) – largest city in a huge grotto 100 miles away from Olath Jess, Elkintra’s home town.
- Lanke Darla (Lake Town) – a busy city on the shores of an underground lake, 150 miles away from Olath Jess, and closest to Tharadokk, the great Dwarven Trading City.
- Olath Jess (Dark Fang) is Elkintra’s home city, built into a gigantic stalagtite. It is the smallest and most remote of the three major cities, and also the base of House Duskryn.
According to Elkintra Rilyn Duskryn, the Underdark, or Underkiln as it’s commonly called, is dominated by three major Drow Cities. Politically, the dominant Ruling House is House Baenre, based in Valsharess’ Zenphe (Duskryn is the eighth house). Political structure is matriarchal, heavily supported by the dominant religion of Lolth. There are rumours of a secret sect of Alessa the Creator within the cities, but this has never been verified. Elkintra is a follower of Leoric the Trickster, a surface religion that has secretly spread throughout the Drow cities in opposition to the matriarchal dominance of Lolth. It is highly secret and Elkintra knows of only a few supporters he can trust.
- Tharadokk (the Dwarven City) – major trading city; the hub of trade relations between the surface and Underkiln.
- Snivelgarth (the Duergar City) – fortress city deep in Underkiln.
According to Elkintra, there are other two major cities in Underkiln; The Drow have good trading relations with both of them. There is not much communication with the surface of Kileana and most Drow trade – or trade period for that matter – with the surface is done indirectly through the Dwarven City of Tharadokk.